SUU's
Parker Walbeck:
I have spent the last few months capturing Michaela's final year of her gymnastic career. This video represents a lifetime of dedication and hard work towards a lifelong passion. Aside from her talent, Michaela is one of the sweetest, most amazing people I've ever met in my life and I'm so glad to have been a part of her last year of gymnastics. Hope you enjoy :)
Shot over the past 5 months with a Canon T3i, Mark II, Mark III with:
Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Ultra Wide Angle
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Telephoto
Also shot by her parents Wally and Debra Chernoch over the years
It makes me kind of want to purchase equipment and be a professional filmmaker.....just for the fun of it. *Drool* and *more drool*
Part of what I find inspiring in this video, is that the home movie footage clearly shows that she wasn't trained with a perfect foundation of muscle-memory shaping and technique before being allowed to move on, and "chuck" less-than-perfect skills. And yet she still managed to "clean it up" and develop into a solid, collegiate gymnast.
I'm now a fan of both Chernoch and Walbeck.....Actually, I think Walbeck's converted me into an SUU fan!
And I just figured out, that I filmed her unique vault, and either she or her parents swiped my video!
I'm flattered!
*UPDATE* 8/8/2013 06:38
I guess I passed this over when GymnasticsCoaching.com posted this back in June.
No comments:
Post a Comment