| March 14, 2013 Makeshift spotting trench |
Along with a state-of-the-art foam pit, on my coach's wish list I'd also add one of these:
Examples of what you can do with a trench bar:
On a side note to that video, a commenter asked what the girls had on their ankles. The coach responded:
they are ankle bands that have velcro on the inside, so when there legs come apart they hear and feel it, I don't remember what company we bought those from
What a great idea! Better than squeezing a bean bag between the legs or using tape. I think one advantage for the gymnast would be to do straddling elements through a routine, and then feel the velcro-reminder when the legs need to be together.
I did something similar to this for Claire when she was working on her Shushunova.
As a bonus, so many conditioning variation possibilities to the example in the video below, limited only by coach's imagination::
And a little history I was able to capture on film:
Personally, I prefer the narrower channels, because you can step across, or straddle the trench.
No comments:
Post a Comment